Monday, April 5, 2010

Back from Hawaii


Aloha.

I just spent a lovely week on the Big Island in the small rural town of Makapala on the North Kohala Coast. We got a nice Vaction Rental using VRBO and stayed in big house down a hidden little dirt road. It was very quiet and secluded with a view of the ocean. What a drag to come back to reality and have to sit in a cubicle all day... but I digress.

Whilst there, we happened on a little retail shop called Just Ukes. They don't have a website, so here's the info:

79-7412 Mamalahoa Highway
Kealakekua, HI 96750
(808) 322-0808

I bought a nice Lanikai Baritone Uke for $175 ($205 out the door with the soft case)
There's a picture of it up there. I've already recorded a little piece on our camera while we were still in Hawaii. It's got a nice tone and it will be incorporated into my general setup and when I play with the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment