Monday, July 27, 2009

I have 12, but it's really 10

I had scheduled all of Saturday to work on songs. But, Chelsea called and let me know she was on her way up from LA and wanted to crash at our place. She was up to attend her 10 year high school reunion! (Really?) So I spent most of the day with her and worked a little on some tunes. After she left for the party, I was able to find a few hours in front of the DAW. It was absolutely wonderful to get to spend time with my eldest daughter. She's pretty amazing!

50/90 continues and I've still a bit behind. I like where I am though and I'm rather fond of what I've produced so far. Speaking of So Far... So Far So Good is a little love song I wrote for Jane. After I finished it, I couldn't share with her 'cause she was mad at me. I had to wait until that blew over.

Red Beans and Rice is another one that worked out. It was one of those that almost wrote itself. And I recorded it in a very short time - only two takes!

And I recorded a little weird 2 and a half minute rock song called Powerwalk. I couldn't think of a name for it and Becca (visiting grand niece) came up with the title.

I've got one more to demo in there called Bringing the Devil Home and perhaps I'll record Billy Sea's version of Variety Show.

Heigh Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment