Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day 3 - I'm Okay

I was a little bit worried that I'm being left behind by all the amazing songwriters doing FAWM. There are so many songs posted already and it's only three days in!. But that passed like a little gas. I've posted two songs (well, the lyrics anyway) so far. I'll get to the demos forthwith - but I keep getting waylaid.

First, I was so antsy about getting started, that I re-arranged and re-connected all my recording equipment no less than six times getting ready. I really wanted to start on February 1st this time. Then, after FAWM got started, and when I did have the time, I had absolutely no ideas! I think that I wanted it too badly - and inspiration wouldn't come.

The, last night on my way home from work, I was rear-ended! My little CR-V had no discernible damage - at least I can't see anything. Not so lucky with the other guy - his engine lid was peeled back like a sardine can. Anyway - I was kind of looopy last night (shock?). Needless to say - no recording last night.

That all said, Jane and her cousin are going on a 'road-trip' up to Seattle for a little over a week. That leaves me a ton of time in which to woodshed and hopefully get a few songs done. I'll have a bloodbath of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment