Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 2: FAWM

For the next 27 days, 13 hours and 46 minutes, I'll be thinking about writing songs. Every year in February, I submit myself to the rigors of trying to write 14 songs in 28 days. FAWM (February Album Writing Month) is an amazing environment to write in. You get instant gratification in the form of other good songwriters listening and commenting on your demos and lyric sheets.

This year, my own goal is to write and demo 14 rock songs. This is a challenge to me since I write mostly acoustic type music. So this will make me stretch a little.

I have this nagging feeling that I'm behind and it's only the second day in. Granted, SuperBowl was on the first day and I'm at work the 2nd day. I should be okay once I sit down at my workstation and start laying down some trackage. But, then again, there are 435 songs written so far, 44 just in my watchlist. Sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment